Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT RESERVATION INFORMATION
Land rates are per person, double occupancy. Availability of departures at the prices noted in the brochure is limited. For current prices, please see our website. Government taxes and fees are additional. Land rates are guaranteed at time of deposit.
Certain taxes/fees are to be paid upon exiting the country in local currencies. Please refer to the appropriate tour itinerary for details.
A $250 non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking to secure your reservation.
If you have selected instant purchase, non-refundable air, you are required to pay the full
air cost in addition to the $250 deposit at time of booking (all of which is non-refundable). For Antarctica, a $500 per person deposit is required at time of booking. An additional deposit of $1000 due 180 days prior to departure for Antarctica. Should you decide to purchase our trip cancellation waiver, you must do so at the time of booking. Payment of a per person waiver fee guarantees a full refund of all payments (including deposit), except for the waiver fee itself, in case of cancellation of your travel plans for any reason prior to the day of departure. Trip cancellation waiver does not cover instant purchase, non-refundable air. The balance is due 60 days before departure on all tours, except cruises. The balance is due 120 days before departure for cruises. Payment may be made by charging to clients’ Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Discover (card imprint and signature required) or by sending a check or money order. All land rates are guaranteed upon deposit.
Travel Agents Please Contact:
PLEASE SEND PAYMENTS TO:
Collette, 162 Middle Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
Attn: Accounts Receivable
A handling fee of $25.00 per transaction will be assessed for any change or revision made to a reservation. A change of departure date within 11 months of departure will be treated as a cancellation and cancellation charges will apply.
Cancellations of confirmed bookings and transfers to new travel dates both result in penalties and fees assessed by travel suppliers. If you have not purchased waivers, and you need to transfer or cancel for any reason prior to tour departure, the following cancellation fees will be assessed on your land or cruise product. Air is 100% nonrefundable once paid in full.
If cancelled prior to being paid in full the following cancellation fees will also apply to air.
(*see cancellation and unused services waiver fees and exceptions):
• More than 60 days prior to departure: a non-refundable deposit will be retained
• 60 - 16 days prior to departure: 30% of land or cruise price
• 15 - 1 day prior to departure: 50% of land or cruise price
• Day of departure and after: 100% of land or cruise price
• More than 90 days prior to departure, a non-refundable deposit will be retained.
• 90 - 61 days prior to departure: 35% of land or cruise price
• 60 - 31 days prior to departure: 60% of land or cruise price
• 30 - 0 days prior to departure: 100% of land or cruise price
River Cruises: including Europe, Russia, Egypt and China
• More than 90 days prior to departure, a non-refundable deposit will be retained.
• 90 - 61 days prior to departure: 50% of land or cruise price
• 60 - 31 days prior to departure: 85% of land or cruise price
• 30 - 0 days prior to departure: 100% of land or cruise price
Galapagos & Antarctica:
• More than 120 days prior to departure: non-refundable deposits will be retained
• 120 - 90 days prior to departure: 60% of land or cruise price
• 89 - 0 days prior to departure: 100% of land or cruise price
* Instant purchase air and its associated taxes, fees and surcharges are 100%
non-refundable at time of reservation.
Upon cancellation of transportation or travel services where you, the customer, are not
at fault and have not cancelled in violation of the terms and conditions above, you will
be refunded 100%.
Collette’s Travel Protection Plan
Part A Waiver Only provided by Collette Travel Service, Inc.:
Payment of a per person Travel Protection Plan fee guarantees a full refund of all payments (including deposit), except the Travel Protection Plan fee itself, made to Collette for travel arrangements in case of cancellation of your travel plans for any reason prior to the day of departure. The Travel Protection Plan fee with air only covers airline tickets you have purchased from Collette.
Exception: If you originally purchased nonrefundable airline tickets, the Travel Protection Plan does not provide a refund for the airline tickets, taxes or fees, in the event of a cancellation. This air ticket may be covered by Collette’s Travel Protection Plan under Part B, if you cancel your trip for covered reasons (see Part B for more details).
Collette’s Travel Protection Plan protects you from penalties in the event you have a need to cancel your entire inclusive tour package up to the day prior to departure. The Travel Protection Plan does not indemnify you from penalties if you choose to cancel partial tour components or air. If you choose to partially cancel your tour, you will be responsible for a revision fee as well as any penalties that are incurred at the time of the cancellation.
Collette’s Travel Protection Plan does not cover any single supplement charges which arise from an individual’s traveling companion electing to cancel for any reason prior to departure. In this case, the single supplement will be deducted from the refund of the person who cancels. (However, the Part B Benefits referenced below include a single supplement benefit of $1,000 for certain covered reasons, as detailed in Part B.) Division of this charge between the two passengers involved is solely their responsibility. If insufficient funds are deducted from the canceling client, the traveling client will be charged the remaining portion of the single supplement.
Payment of the Travel Protection Plan Fee (if chosen) must be received by Collette with your deposit. The fee is nontransferable and valid for each applicant only.
Collette can assume no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized acts or omissions of any travel agent or travel agency other than that of Collette Travel Service, Inc. itself, and its own employees.
Where to Present Part A Claims
To request a refund under the Travel Protection Plan, please call Collette and send any unused airline tickets to:
ATTN: Customer Service Department
162 Middle Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
If cancellation occurs prior to departure, contact the Collette Reservations Department. When a client cancels prior to departure, any refunds are processed through the booking agent.
Following is an outline of the Services and Insurance Plan Benefits provided.
PART A – Benefits Provided By Collette:
Pre-departure Cancellation Fee Waiver up to Trip Cost
Part B Insurance Benefits provided by United States Fire Insurance Company: On tour, insurance benefits are provided if you: must interrupt your trip or return home early for a covered reason; incur medical expenses for a covered sickness or injury; need medical assistance or evacuation; suffer a baggage loss or delay of more than 24 hours; or are delayed on tour for 12 hours or more for a covered reason.
SCHEDULE OF BENEFITS MAXIMUM BENEFIT AMOUNT
- Trip Cancellation: Amount Purchased*
- Trip Interruption: 150% of Trip Cost
- Single Supplement: $1,000
- Missed Connection: $1,500
- Travel Delay (Up of $100 per Day): $1,500
- Medical Expense/Emergency Evacuation
- Accident & Sickness Medical Expense: $25,000
- Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation: $50,000
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment: $25,000
- Baggage and Personal Effects: $1,500
- Baggage Delay: $200
PART B Insurance Benefit Exclusions & Limitations
1. suicide, attempted suicide or any intentionally self-inflicted injury of You, a Traveling Companion, Family Member or Business Partner booked to travel with You, while sane or insane; 2. an act of declared or undeclared war; 3. participating in maneuvers or training exercises of an armed service, except while participating in weekend or summer training for the reserve forces of the United States, including the National Guard; 4. riding or driving in races, or speed or endurance competitions or events; 5. mountaineering (engaging in the sport of scaling mountains generally requiring the use of picks, ropes, or other special equipment); 6. participating as a professional in a stunt, athletic or sporting event or competition; 7. participating in skydiving or parachuting except parasailing, hang gliding, bungee cord jumping, extreme skiing, skiing outside marked trails or heli-skiing, any race, speed contests, spelunking or caving, or scuba diving if the depth exceeds 120 feet (40 meters) or if You are not certified to dive and a dive master is not present during the dive; 8. piloting or learning to pilot or acting as a member of the crew of any aircraft; 9. being Intoxicated as defined herein, or under the influence of any controlled substance unless as administered or prescribed by a Legally Qualified Physician; 10. the commission of or attempt to commit a felony or being engaged in an illegal occupation; 11. normal childbirth or pregnancy (except Complications of Pregnancy) or voluntarily induced abortion; 12. dental treatment (except as coverage is otherwise specifically provided herein); 13. due to a Pre-Existing Condition, as defined in the Plan. The Pre-Existing Condition Limitation does not apply to the Emergency Medical Evacuation or Return of Remains coverage; 14. any amount paid or payable under any Worker’s Compensation, Disability Benefit or similar law; 15. a loss or damage caused by detention, confiscation or destruction by customs; 16. Elective Treatment and Procedures; 17. medical treatment during or arising from a Trip undertaken for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment; 18. failure of any tour operator, Common Carrier, or other travel supplier, person or agency to provide the bargained-for travel arrangements for reasons other than Bankruptcy or Default; 19. a mental or nervous condition, unless hospitalized for that condition while the Plan is in effect for You; or 20. a loss that results from a Sickness, Injury, disease or other condition, event or circumstance which occurs at a time when the Plan is not in effect for You. What You Should Know - Benefits in this brochure are described on a general basis only. There are certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations that apply to all coverages and services. This advertisement does not constitute or form any part of the Plan Description or any other contract of any kind. Plan benefits, limits and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction.
OUTLINE OF SERVICES
One Call 24-Hour Assistance Services: Included
Global Xpi Medical Records Services: Included
To review full plan details online, go to: www.tripmate.com/wpF430C.
You will receive a Certificate of Insurance (or Policy, for residents of certain states) and Description of 24-Hour Emergency Assistance Services which describe the benefits and limitations in detail. You may cancel this plan by giving Collette Tours written notice within the first to occur of the following: (a) 10 days from the Effective Date of Your insurance; or (b) Your Scheduled Departure Date. If You do this, We will refund Your premium paid provided no Insured has filed a claim under the policy.
The Part B Insurance benefits are underwritten by: United States Fire Insurance Company, Eatontown, NJ. Non-insurance related services are provided by: One Call 24-Hour Assistance Services and Global XPI are services and are not underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company. 24-Hour Assistance Service is provided by: One Call Travel Services Network, Inc. Benefits are administered by: Trip Mate, Inc.*, 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO, 64114, 1-800-888-7292 (*in CA & UT, dba Trip Mate)
All Inquiries and Claims under Part B should be reported to the Plan Administrator:
Trip Mate, Inc.*
9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64114
* In CA & UT, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency
Refer to Plan Number: F430C
Collette’s Travel Protection Plan Pricing (per person)
Land Only Clients:
- $70 adult/$70 child for all domestic escorted tours under 6 days
- $200 adult/$100 child for all domestic escorted tours of 6 days or more
- $250 adult/$125 child for all international tours 8 days or under (except cruises, Canadian Rockies train tours, Australia, New Zealand, South America, Africa, South Africa & Egypt)
- $230 adult/$115 child for all international tours 9 days or more (except cruises, Canadian Rockies train tours, Australia, New Zealand, South America, Africa, South Africa & Egypt tours)
- $300 adult/$150 child for all cruises, Canadian Rockies train tours, Australia, New Zealand, Africa & South Africa tours
Air-Inclusive Clients (Collette Flex Airfare is purchased through Collette)
- $100 adult/child for all domestic tours under 6 days
- $240 adult/child for all domestic tours of 6 days or more
- $280 adult/child for all international tours (except cruises, Canadian Rockies train tours, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, South Africa & Egypt tours)
- $350 adult/child for all cruises, Canadian Rockies train tours, Australia, New Zealand, Africa & South Africa tours
CONSUMER PROTECTION PLANS
Collette is a member of the following organizations: The National Tour Association, The United States Tour Operators Association, The Alliance of Canadian Travel Associations, the Travel Industry Council of Ontario, and the Association of British Travel Agents. Some of these associations operate a consumer protection plan to cover deposits placed with any tour operator member. In the case of USTOA, the consumer protection bond is $1 million. Full details are available from the organizations or Collette. Collette is pleased to give this additional protection to our clients.
For your convenience, we offer airfare for purchase with all tour packages. If you
purchase an air inclusive program, your airfare will be quoted inclusive of all fuel, taxes and fees. Your rates are subject to change until paid in full. Seats are limited and may not be available on every flight or departure date.
Instant Purchase Non-refundable Airfare includes round trip airport /hotel transfers (excluding pre or post days and extensions). Instant Purchase, Non-refundable Airfare requires full payment at the time of booking. If you purchase the waiver it does not provide a refund for the airline tickets in the event of a cancellation (there is coverage under Part B for Instant Purchase Airline tickets if you cancel your Trip for covered reasons-see Part B for more details). Tickets will be issued immediately and, once issued are non-refundable, may only be changed for a fee up to $300 plus any difference in airfare for travel in the following 12 months; specific fees and policies may vary by airline. These tickets include an administration fee and round trip airport to hotel transfers of which both hold no airline reissue value. Once issued, there can be no fluctuation in price due to an increase in government taxes or in airline fuel surcharges.
TRAVELERS NEEDING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE
You must report any disability requiring special attention to Collette at the time the reservation is made.* Collette will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of tour participants. Such participants, however, should be aware that the Americans with Disabilities Act is inapplicable outside of the United States and facilities outside the United States for disabled individuals are limited.
It is strongly recommended that persons requiring assistance be accompanied by a companion who is capable of and totally responsible for providing the assistance. Neither Collette nor its personnel, nor its suppliers, may physically lift or assist clients into transportation vehicles. If a traveler thinks he or she might need assistance during a trip, he or she should call Collette to determine what assistance might reasonably be given. Collette cannot provide special individual assistance to tour members with special needs for walking, dining or other routine activities.
*To request a wheelchair accessible room on a cruise, the traveler or person sharing the room must have a recognized disability that alters a major life function and requires the use of a mobility device and the use of the accessible features provided in the wheelchair accessible stateroom.
Although every effort is made to handle passengers’ luggage as carefully as possible, Collette is not responsible for and does not assume liability or accept claims for loss of or damage to luggage due to breakage, theft or wear and tear through hotel and group carrier handling. It is recommended for your own self interest and protection that you have adequate insurance to cover these eventualities. Check with your sales agent for low cost insurance to cover these risks.
Checked Baggage Charges: Some airlines may impose additional charges if you choose to check any baggage. Please contact your airline or refer to its website for detailed information regarding your airline’s checked baggage policies.
HOLIDAY AND MUSEUM CLOSURES
Museum visits and personal shopping time may be disrupted due to unforeseen circumstances or many religious, state and local holidays observed throughout the world.
Most motorcoaches used on our tours are equipped with washrooms (except safari vehicles, exotic locations, and some of our Explorations tours). These are typically for emergency use, as we make plenty of comfort stops, allowing you the opportunity to use public restrooms and/or stretch your legs.
MAPS AND PHOTOS
Maps shown on tour pages are current at the time of printing and may not reflect actual tour routing should the tour change. Photos shown on tour pages are reflective of the area(s) visited, but may not be included in the actual tour itinerary.
EXPLANATION OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND TOUR CONDITIONS FOR COLLETTE
Any person reserving or purchasing any Collette product published in this brochure accepts the condition that Collette reserves to itself the exclusive right to change or cancel itineraries, hotels, and other tour components whenever it is deemed necessary. If this occurs, every effort will be made to offer alternate dates and/or programs.
Published times on itineraries are as accurate as possible but subject to change due to traffic, weather, mechanical and any other conditions beyond Collette’s control that prevent Collette from operating as scheduled. Collette expressly disclaims any liability for any damages that may be incurred for any changes, cancellations or delays on any itinerary on any Collette tour.
All rates on foreign tours are subject to fluctuations of currency and may be changed when necessary without advance notice prior to deposit.
All rates published are per person as indicated and are based on double occupancy when only one rate is shown. Reservations will be accepted subject to availability at the time of a request and will be considered confirmed only upon receipt of a minimum deposit. Child land rates are available and are valid for ages 5-12, sharing a room with two full paying adults. Children ages 4 and over may travel on a Collette Family tourp, accompanied by an adult. Child land rates for Collette Family tours are valid for ages 4-14, sharing a room with at least one adult.
Collette does not accept liability in the case of any passenger being denied
boarding by any airline carrier due to the carrier’s over-booking of a flight. All cancellation charges, fees and refunds for any tour within this brochure are in effect as of the effective date as indicated below and supersede any other previously printed policies relating to these same charges.
Neither Collette Travel Service, Inc., its affiliated entities and its and their employees, shareholders, officers, directors, successors, agents, and assigns (collectively “Collette”), own or operate any person or entity which is to or does provide goods or services for these trips. Collette does not maintain control or operate the personnel, equipment, or operations of these suppliers it uses and as such Collette assumes no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any personal injury, death, property damage or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of (1) any wrongful, negligent, willful or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any of the suppliers or other employees or agents, (2) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, or instrument owned, operated or otherwise used by any of these suppliers, or (3) any wrongful, willful or negligent act or omission on the part of any other party not under the supervision and control of Collette.
Client shall indemnify and hold harmless Collette Travel Service, Inc., its affiliated entities and its and their employees, agents, shareholders, officers, successors and assigns (collectively “Collette”), from all suits, actions, losses, damages, claims or liability for any personal injury, death, property damage or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which is occasioned by any negligent acts or omissions of Collette arising out of any goods or services provided for this or these trips.
Additionally, responsibility is not accepted for losses or expenses due to sickness, lack of appropriate medical facilities or practitioners, weather, strikes, theft or other criminal acts, war, terrorism, computer problems, or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws of the country in which they are provided. Collette reserves the right to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their sole judgment, conditions warrant, or if Collette deems it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of the tour. Collette reserves the right to withdraw any tour announced. Collette reserves the right to decline to accept any person as a member of the tour, or to require any participant to withdraw from the tour at any time, when such action is determined by the tour manager to be in the best interests of the health, safety, and general welfare of the tour group or of the individual participant. Neither does Collette accept liability for any carrier’s cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a non-refundable airline or other ticket to the tour departure city and return or otherwise. Baggage and personal effects are the sole responsibility of the owner at all times.
Participants may be photographed for the promotional purposes of Collette. Payment of the deposit to Collette constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
I agree that any dispute concerning, relating, or referring to this contract, the brochure or any other literature concerning my trip, or the trip itself, shall be resolved exclusively by binding arbitration according to the then existing rules of the American Arbitration Association in the State of Rhode Island. Such proceedings will be governed by and in accordance with substantive Rhode Island law. The arbitrator and not any federal, state, or local court or agency shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, conscionability, or formation of this contract, including but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this contract is void or voidable.
This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of Rhode Island by mutual agreement of the parties hereto and the Federal and State Courts in Rhode Island shall have exclusive and sole jurisdiction over any dispute, controversy or suit arising relative to this Agreement. Employee expressly waives any and all objections to any dispute, controversy or suit arising out of this Agreement being adjudicated exclusively in the State or Federal Courts in the State of Rhode Island, and Employee further consents not to bring any suit arising out of this Agreement in any other jurisdiction and any and all litigation must be brought only in and for Courts in the State of Rhode Island to the exclusion of litigation anywhere else in the world.
FAMILY TOURS DISCLAIMER
Any minor child (under the age of majority) who shall participate in a Collette Family Tour program must be accompanied by an adult and supervised by an adult during the entire length of the tour. Collette will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of any minor child during the tour. However, Collette cannot provide special individual assistance to any minor tour participant. The adult travel companion shall be primarily responsible for the conduct and care of the minor tour participant. Collette will not accept any parental responsibility for the minor tour participant.
COLLETTE'S TRAVEL PROTECTION
Rest assured that at Collette we do everything within our power to provide you with an enjoyable and safe tour. However, there are times when unforeseen events will occur. To avoid incurring costly charges should this happen, we strongly urge you to invest in Collette’s comprehensive, single-package insurance program that will cover you in the event of illness, accidents or travel delay. Unlike most other coverage, you also receive a full refund for cancellations any time, for any reason, prior to the day of departure. At Collette, your safety is always our primary concern. One price, one package, complete protection. (See page 134 for details.)
Collette is proud to be a member of USTOA (United States Tour Operators Association), an association that represents the tour operator industry. The USTOA logo on our brochures signifies that Collette is a member in good standing and is backed by their million-dollar Travelers Assistance Program.
Collette, as an Active Member of USTOA, is required to post $1 Million with USTOA to be used to reimburse, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program, the advance payments of Collette customers in the unlikely event of Collette's bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of business. Further, you should understand that the $1 Million posted by Collette may be sufficient to provide only a partial recovery of the advance payments received by Collette. Complete details of the USTOA Travelers Assistance Program may be obtained by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting their website at www.USTOA.com.